A Little Scared

i saw a woman with her hair on fire
tap dancing in the middle of the avenue
with the cars and taxis racing by
seemed like a bit of a dangerous thing to do
she handed me some matches and some tap shoes
said won't you join me for a little duet
i said sorry but that looks a little frightening
i ain't ready for that just yet
she said if you're not a least a little scared
you're doing it wrong

she took my hand and said come with me
she led me to the edge of town
to a little shop on a dead end street
selling lawn mowers and wedding gowns
she said i've always dreamed
of walking down that aisle
wearing a white dress just like this
i said wait a minute i've got this fear
you see a fear of marital bliss
she said if you're not a least a little scared
you're doing it wrong

so before i knew it we were married
and now we're always together
tap dancing in the street with our hair on fire
we're flaming birds of a feather
she's taught me some tricky and intricate steps
and i love her more with every breath
i don't want this tap dance life to end
so of course i'm afraid of deat
but if you're not at least a little scared
you're doing it wrong